Help Need to build this logic

From: <pankaj_wolfhunter_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: 16 Jan 2007 04:35:52 -0800

Greetings,

Table Structure:

Table1
symbol orders ttime

Requirement: Want to arrange all records, symbolwise, based on orders (asc order).
Among that, if a particular symbol have records in the range TTIME BETWEEN 9300 AND 1530, then
I want to extract MIN(TTIME) within that range else MIN(TTIME) of whatever available records.

I want to achieve this using a single query.

Example:

Table1

symbol	orders	ttime
A	2	9300
A	2	9450
A	2	1030
A              2              9451
A	2	1530
A	2	1600
A             2	1700
B	3	9300
B	4              1600
C	3	1600

I want to get all records with maximum orders (in desc order) for each symbol.

Output:
Symbol Orders ttime

A	2	9300
A	2	9450
A              2              9451
A	2	1030
A	2	1530
A	2	1600
A	1	9300
A              2	1700
B	4	9300
B	4              1600
C	3	1600

Out of this subset I want to get all records with ttime falling between 9450 to 1530 to appear first in asc. if there is no record within this range
then I want to go for normal asc order on ttime.

Ouput:

Symbol	Orders	ttime
A	2	9450
A	2	1030
A	2	1530
A	2	1600
A	2	9300
B	4	9450
B	4	1030
B	4              1600
C	3	1600

Finally I want to extract only first record

Final output:

A	2	9450
B	4	9300
C	3	1600

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA Received on Tue Jan 16 2007 - 06:35:52 CST