Re: out of memory - executing a select statement

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2007 08:05:47 -0800

savindya wrote:
-snip-
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if I offended you. But I have listed all the known facts.
>
> The out of memory occurs in the PL SQL developer GUI when a select *
> from XXXX is performed.
> The PLSQL developer first lists down the first 30 rows.When I click on
> fetch all rows, it crashes mid way.
> The problem must be with the client program (PL SQL developer) and not
> the database server.
> Are there any memory managment methods to use ?
> Should the database table entries be archived ?
>
> The machine on which the PLSQL runs has 1 GB RAM.
> please advice
>
> Savindya

This question has nothing to do with oracle. Please post this question in
a pl/sql developer forum.
Either its an issue with your machine .. or a bug in pl/sql developer. .. or you can probably try getting the latest version of pl/sql developer.
Maybe its a bug thats fixed in latest release (maybe..)

Anurag Received on Wed Jan 10 2007 - 10:05:47 CST