From: Luch <DarthLuch_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2007 14:39:26 -0800

I've been reading/trying to learn about loading Java to run in the database... I've seen examples of loading classes or java source into the database, but nothing on jar files... Is it also possible to load a JAR file into the database?

In my case, I want to load the Apache FOP processor jar files and all it's dependent jar to be called from within the database (as a stored proc). The Apache fop jar has a main method i can invoke. I figure I can maybe wrap the fop jar with all it's dependent ones, load it into the database, and try to invoke it. Is that feasible? Received on Tue Jan 09 2007 - 16:39:26 CST