Re: Recover Oracle database

From: Andrew V. Fionik <ender_at_sqlmaestro.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 02:08:01 +0500

Hello, anlommel_at_gmx.net!
You wrote on 8 Jan 2007 01:05:35 -0800:

 a> I have a oracle database on a windows server system.
 a> What happens when I backup the whole file system.
 a> Can I restore the datadase system ?

Backing up database files and init file will be enough for database restore.

---
Andrew V. Fionik.  E-mail: ender_at_sqlmaestro.com, SQL Maestro Group
http://www.sqlmaestro.com - database management & development tools for
MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Firebird and MaxDB