Getting ORA-12154 : TNS Could not resolve service name, randomly.

From: Vinayaka <vinutheking20000_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Jan 2007 05:26:32 -0800

Hello,
we have developed a stand alone application in C#.net that connects to Oracle database using OleDb provider. This application is working fine at development environment but when we installed this on clients environment it is failing randomly by giving "ORA -12154: TNS Could not resolve service name" error.

The only difference we have is, In development environment we use tnsnames where as in clients environment they are using onames (centralized oracle name server).

Error details.
1. All connections uses same connection string to connect. 2. First connection always succeeds, but other connections are failing randomly( it may be 2nd or 3rd connection, some time no failures).

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Jan 03 2007 - 07:26:32 CST