Re: NOLOGGING clause

From: dean <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Dec 2006 22:37:15 -0800

So are there any specific table creation clauses we should be using then, in this kind of situation? We use a 9.2 and 10g mix, depending on clients, and we have many so-called output-set tables that just hold data for reports and internal calculations. Such tables can easily be recreated, but they also contain more data on a storage level than any other tables. If we don't care about any recoverability, is there anything else worth investigating?

The tables are initially filled using SQL loader, which I'm not interested in speeding up. But after that, we do allow smaller edits and inserts - a few tens to a few thousand rows at a time during user interaction.

Thanks, Dean Received on Sun Dec 10 2006 - 00:37:15 CST