Re: Table created with Oracle Client 9.2 (in 32bit) can't be readen with Oracle10.2 (in 64bit)

From: Yalta <jemiliano_at_web.de>
Date: 5 Dec 2006 08:44:14 -0800

there is just one database
Name: tdbha50_storet (somewhere in the company no matter where the server phsically is)
Username: aposto
Password *****

at computer_1( windows xp professional 32bit with oracle CLIENT 9.2) i start Oracle SQL Plus* login in the Database above using the username above and command:

SQL> create table env1_xp32_orac92 (NAME VARCHAR2(20), VORNAME VARCHAR2(20), GEBURTSTAG DATE, STEUER
KLASSE INTEGER, KINDER CHAR(1), ANZAHL_KINDER INTEGER, EINKOMMEN NUMBER(10,2), STUNDEN REAL); Table created.

SQL> desc env1_xp32_orac92;

 ----------------------------------------- --------
----------------------------
 NAME                                               VARCHAR2(20)
 VORNAME                                            VARCHAR2(20)
 GEBURTSTAG                                         DATE
 STEUERKLASSE                                       NUMBER(38)
 KINDER                                             CHAR(1)
 ANZAHL_KINDER                                      NUMBER(38)
 EINKOMMEN                                          NUMBER(10,2)
 STUNDEN                                            FLOAT(63)

then i go to computer_2 (windows xp professional 64bit with oracle CLIENT 10.2), start Oracle SQL Plus*, login in the Database above using the username above and command:

SQL> desc env1_xp32_orac92;
ERROR:
ORA-04043: object env1_xp32_orac92 does not exist

the table should me readble from both computer1 e 2!