Re: Table created with Oracle Client 9.2 (in 32bit) can't be readen with Oracle10.2 (in 64bit)

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 19:29:43 GMT

Yalta wrote:
> there is just one database
> Name: tdbha50_storet (somewhere in the company no matter where the
> server phsically is)
> Username: aposto
> Password *****
>
> at computer_1( windows xp professional 32bit with oracle CLIENT 9.2) i
> start Oracle SQL Plus* login in the Database above using the username
> above and command:
>
> SQL> create table env1_xp32_orac92 (NAME VARCHAR2(20), VORNAME
> VARCHAR2(20), GEBURTSTAG DATE, STEUER
> KLASSE INTEGER, KINDER CHAR(1), ANZAHL_KINDER INTEGER, EINKOMMEN
> NUMBER(10,2), STUNDEN REAL);
>
> Table created.
>
> SQL> desc env1_xp32_orac92;
> Name Null? Type
> ----------------------------------------- --------
> ----------------------------
> NAME VARCHAR2(20)
> VORNAME VARCHAR2(20)
> GEBURTSTAG DATE
> STEUERKLASSE NUMBER(38)
> KINDER CHAR(1)
> ANZAHL_KINDER NUMBER(38)
> EINKOMMEN NUMBER(10,2)
> STUNDEN FLOAT(63)
>
> then i go to computer_2 (windows xp professional 64bit with oracle
> CLIENT 10.2), start Oracle SQL Plus*, login in the Database above using
> the username above and command:
>

> SQL> desc env1_xp32_orac92;
> ERROR:
> ORA-04043: object env1_xp32_orac92 does not exist
>

> the table should me readble from both computer1 e 2!

If you signed on as the same user from two different workstations, then you will be able to see the table from both workstations. If your test does not bear this to be true, then I am led to believe that your connections are to two different databases. Have you verified that your connections are to the same exact database? You might have to query V$INSTANCE to know for sure...look for the host name and instance name.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net