Re: Table created with Oracle Client 9.2 (in 32bit) can't be readen with Oracle10.2 (in 64bit)

From: Volker Hetzer <firstname.lastname_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 15:19:27 +0100

Yalta schrieb:
> Hello,
> i have a oracle 10.2 database called tdbha50_storet which i am testing
> from two different oracle enviroments:
> env_1: windows xp professional 32bit with oracle client 9.2
> env_2: virtual env running windows xp professional 64bit with oracle
> client 10.2
>
> I realised that the data i create in one env can't be readen from the
> other env.

Huh?
What are you talking about?
Two databases accessing the same storage? This is impossible. Well and truly impossible. And what would be the point?

> I am working too much or is that a fact?
That is a fact. 9i and 10g use different bookkeeping data structures and in any case, only one database can access one bit of storage. (RAC is a different case but there you could treat it as one database too.)

> Any help will be more than appreciated and save me plenty of time.
What are you trying to achieve?
WHY do you want two databases to access one storage structure?

Volker

--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.