can not create directories like adump etc

From: roopla <alpoorreddy_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2006 11:48:24 -0800

 I was trying to create a database instance using DBCA in 10G. After selecting all parameters, small window pops up and says cannot create adump directory. Do I have to create all these directory manually before I run DBCA or what. I am running dbca from oracle login account.

It's pretty much giving the same error like cannot create some directories or some files for everything it's supposed to create atutomatically. I am able to create mannually all these directories but why DBCA can't create these automatically otherwise no point in creating database through DBCA. Am I missing something here

Please help Received on Mon Nov 20 2006 - 13:48:24 CST