Re: NEWBIE Get Designer Started

From: Thomas Blankschein <thomas_at_blankschein.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 23:14:48 +0200

Please start with reading the Concepts Guide from the documentation. It will answer most of the questions, especially if you come from other dbms like MySQL, Postgresql or SQL Server. It will prevent you from thinking "all databases behave the same" concerning transaction management, locking and many other things.

I wish I would have read this document five years ago when I started with oracle. It would have made the start much easier :-)

Thomas Received on Tue Oct 17 2006 - 16:14:48 CDT