Re: Strange error with Oracle 10g XE

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:54:12 +0200

On 28 Sep 2006 05:58:50 -0700, "Jens Lenge" <spampot_at_gmx.net> wrote:

>Can it be that the schema is "broken" after the export/import from 9i
>to 10g XE?
>(I have tried exporting from 9i and re-importing to 9i, but that does
>not cause any problem. The problem seems to only show up when I import
>to 10g XE.)
>
>If so, is there a way to fix the imported schema?

To me this looks like a clear case of superstition. The only thing that could have happened is

- the columns affected in a PK are alreay indexed
- you add a PK to that table on those columns
- no new index is created
- During export, indexes with the same name as the primary key
constraint are not exported explicitly. They are just subject to the constraint, and they are recreated during import as soon as the PK constraint is imposed.
Your 'loose' index however is created after the table has been imported.
--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA