Re: Strange error with Oracle 10g XE

From: Jens Lenge <spampot_at_gmx.net>
Date: 28 Sep 2006 05:58:50 -0700

> I would guess you could set the constraint to enabled novalidate in
> both versions, and this would actually constitute a *better* solution
> (instead of just dropping the constraint completely, which is pretty
> dangerous)

Thanks for the hint, I will follow that approach.

>From further testing and playing with the database I have learned that
"normally" Oracle 10g XE, just like 9i, DOES drop the corrsponding index automatically when a primary key constraint is dropped. However, it does not with this specific constraint that I am dealing with.

I now suspect that the relationship between constraints and corresponding indices might be somehow "broken", maybe due to the fact that the schema was exported from Oracle 9i (using exp.exe) and then imported into Oracle 10g XE (using imp.exe).

However, when I create new primary key constraints in the same schema and drop them afterwards, the corresponding index is automatically dropped (just as it should be).

Can it be that the schema is "broken" after the export/import from 9i to 10g XE?
(I have tried exporting from 9i and re-importing to 9i, but that does not cause any problem. The problem seems to only show up when I import to 10g XE.)

If so, is there a way to fix the imported schema? Received on Thu Sep 28 2006 - 07:58:50 CDT