Re: ORA-01031

From: StefanKapitza <skapitza_at_volcanomail.com>
Date: 22 Sep 2006 11:35:59 -0700

calms wrote:
> Hi,
>
> MY Database Server is installed in Windows 2000 Server, Oracle 10g.
> I installed the 10g InstantClient for my power builder application in
> windows XP.
>

> After Installation
> I Tested the conneciton using Native Oracle Driver in ODBC
> Administrator and
> works Fine.
>

> When i connect through my Application, Im getting the Following error
> "Error: ORA-01031 Insufficient privileges."
>

> Plz anyone help me how to solve this error.
>

> thks in Advance
>

> thks
> Prasad.N.M

maybe your application requires some special permission or it is not designed
to work with 10g.

to determine the permission/cause of error :

- go to the odbc admin
- click on the trace tab
- enable tracing
- restart your app and go on until the error ocurres
- review the trace to determine the statement causing the error

alternatively you could search the group archives for the terms sqlnet trace

regards

stefan kapitza Received on Fri Sep 22 2006 - 13:35:59 CDT