Re: update database oracle 8.1.7 to oracle 9?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2006 10:54:48 -0700

slawek wrote:
> Hi
>
> How I can change my database for Oracle 8.1.7. to Oracle 9.
> Please help me. Thanks
>

> Slawek

When you purchase the new version of Oracle it comes with an installation and migration manual. The details are in the manual.

Basically install new version to new home Shutdown old database
Restart using new ORACLE_HOME
Run upgrade scripts

There is a migration utility that pretty much automates this but we always perform the tasks manually.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Sep 19 2006 - 12:54:48 CDT