Re: Copying lakhs of Records in a table of 25 columns from text file or Excel Sheet.

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 1 Sep 2006 16:02:43 -0700

Pankaj_Jha wrote:

> Can You tell me how much time the SQL Loder take to copy 2 lakhs
> records from text file
>
> to an Oracle 10g Table of 20 Coloumns.

Of course it depends, as everyone says. For my 9206 system with a table that has 6 character and 24 quantity or dollar columns:

  307285 Rows successfully loaded.
  0 Rows not loaded due to data errors.
  0 Rows not loaded because all WHEN clauses were failed.   0 Rows not loaded because all fields were null.

Space allocated for bind array:                 255936 bytes(31 rows)
Read buffer bytes: 1048576
Total logical records skipped:          0
Total logical records read:        307285
Total logical records rejected:         0
Total logical records discarded:        0

Run began on Thu Aug 03 15:33:05 2006
Run ended on Thu Aug 03 15:33:55 2006

Elapsed time was:     00:00:49.84
CPU time was:         00:00:09.42

Really, it's simple enough to just try it! Try external tables while you are at it.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.pseudodictionary.com/word.php?randomizer=on