Re: Select record with highest value for field hours from multiple rows

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 1 Sep 2006 15:23:24 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:

> This is clearly school work. Post your best attempt and we will give
> you pointers ... not solutions.

That may well be true, but I feel compelled to point out that I had a very similar requirement in the real world. (Although, I didn't solve it with a view. As part of a barcoding/job cost tracking system, the program mails appropriate managers when people obviously forget to clock out of a job - or, as happened recently, the UPS screws up and they can't clock out and no one has access to voice mail or email and...)

So do your schoolwork folks, don't expect usenet to bail you out! It pays off in the real world.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.  "The sad truth is the job pays too well - I am an
Oracle whore and Larry is my pimp. In order for me to be truely happy