Re: Crosstab with Oracle SqlPlus?

From: George Lewycky <gelewyc_at_nyct.com>
Date: 29 Aug 2006 13:37:52 -0700

Here is specs about the cross-tab feature:

http://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/docs/o/dl/bi/B10272_01/2screen.htm#1002566

> 1. Is it possible to install Discoverer on computer A and hook it up
> with a data source on computer B?

yes its stand-alone and uses Oracle's server

> 2. Is it drag-and-drop kind of thing like Business Object?

its more of a GUI based report building tool, much like a super enhanced
spreadsheet with querying, etc....

Look here for more about Oracle's Discoverer:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/discoverer/index.html http://www.virginia.edu/integratedsystem/howdoi/reports.html

http://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/docs/o/dl/bi/B10272_01/toc.htm

hope this helps

george