Re: Removing a default value

From: Jens Lenge <spampot_at_gmx.net>
Date: 29 Aug 2006 12:55:18 -0700

Michel Cadot wrote:

> It's not a bug.
> The difference is due to Oracle dictionary.
> [...]
> But there is no *functional* difference between nothing the default
> value or a default of "null" (without any king of quote).

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I understand that it is not a functional difference (and therefore a rather theoretical question), but just to complete my files:
Does Oracle provide a way to remove a default value setting so that the dictionary entry is also reset to null (instead of "null")? Just like there has never been any default value?

Jens Received on Tue Aug 29 2006 - 14:55:18 CDT