Crosstab with Oracle SqlPlus?

From: <antonyliu2002_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2006 15:02:59 -0700

OK, I know this has been asked many times. I've done a google search, but but not figure out.

I have a very simple table of student information in a Oracle database like below, where STU_ID is student id and COLL_CD is college code and CLS_LEVEL is class level.

STU_ID	COLL_CD	CLS_LEVEL
123	KV	1U
234	KV	1U
345	KY	1U
456	KN	1G
567	KP	1L
678	KV	1U
789	KY	1G
890	KY	1G
901	KY	1U
911	KP	1V
912	KV	1L
913	KN	1G
915	KP	1U

I would like to count and list the number of students of each class level in each college like so:

COLL_CD	1U	1G	1L	1V
KV	23	2	0	0
KY	9	16	88	1
KN	13	45	55	0
KP	0	0	61	18

I know I can do

Select count(*) from T_STUDENT where COLL_CD='KV' and CLS_LEVEL='1U'

one after another.

But can I get this crosstab in a single SQL query with SqlPlus?

Thanks. Received on Fri Aug 25 2006 - 17:02:59 CDT