Re: *pressure Google to put Groups back on main page...*

From: Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz <spamtrap_at_library.lspace.org.invalid>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:27:03 -0300

Post top don't please.

In <1155792694.725248.231430_at_p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>, on 08/16/2006

   at 10:31 PM, timasmith_at_hotmail.com said:

>Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.databases.oracle.misc,comp.os.linux.misc

Why?

>Seriously, who the hell cares about 'Videos' - there must be millions
>of usenet group users - can we club together and force them to put
>Groups back on the Google home page - 2 clicks per visit is starting
>to bug me...

So stop going to the google home page. Are you using a browser that doesn't support bookmarks? Is this really the most serious problem that you have with google?

In <1155830169.455765.267250_at_75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, on 08/17/2006

   at 08:56 AM, timasmith_at_hotmail.com said:

>I dont want to use bookmarks,

That's your problem, not google's.

>I hate menus

That's your problem, not google's.

>- read up on your HCI.

Works fine for me.

>Newsreaders are an archaic method

That's your opinion. Those that understand the issues don't agree with you.

>perhaps for retirees who have nothing better to do with their time
>but read every single message posted

Ah, a windoze user brainwashed by m$. You are making a ridiculous assumption; there is, in fact, no need to read, or even download, every message posted in order to use a news reader. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find even a single user that does so.

>lol.

The joke is on you.

In <1155838365.147825.143530_at_h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, on 08/17/2006

   at 11:12 AM, timasmith_at_hotmail.com said:

>You want me to read an RFC to learn how to reply

You're right; he should have asked you to FOAD.

>You should post text, dont post fancy formats from your personal
>editor

Nu, so what is the outp[ut from his editor, chopped liver?

>Exactly! Now you are talking my language - please join me in
>pressuring Google to put the Groups link back on the main Google
>page...

Now there's a non sequitor! So far you have not given a single reason why anybody but you should care. There are better places for them to put their resources, like fixing their defaults to match Usenet conventions.

Oh, BTW, this is the last time that I will see any of your articles; you seem to be willfully ignorant. I'm about to introduce you to yet another feature that news clients. have. Tin (sic), meet Mr. Filter.

*PLONK*

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT  <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>

Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action.  I reserve the
right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.  Reply to
domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not
reply to spamtrap_at_library.lspace.org