Re: *pressure Google to put Groups back on main page...*

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2006 16:18:59 -0700

timasmith_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Seriously, who the hell cares about 'Videos' - there must be millions
> of usenet group users - can we club together and force them to put
> Groups back on the Google home page - 2 clicks per visit is starting to
> bug me...

Why don't we club Google to allow us to format whatever we want on our home page?

Someone doesn't read me because I post from google... WAAAAAAAHHHHH!

I would prefer slrn, but my home computers are usually powered down.

I can never predict what a customer will allow me to have on their network. It is better not to have to ask for anything more than a browser. Unix is usually in X on MS anyways - can't generally get out from there.

My google login is for an email/domain combination that no longer exists - no worries of spam! (that was more of a concern in earlier google). Since I've had it for seven years, I wonder if I can claim ownership through adverse posession... :-)

I still type in dejanews.com/advanced_search faster than I can use a mouse to find a bookmark. deja and a down arrow even faster.

While I do sometimes google then group search, more normally I have several windows or tabs open anyways. I did notice it pretty quick when the groups link disappeared, but that was more because of the paranoia in the back of my mind from when dejanews originally went away - I think the worry that google will give up on it is legitimate.

Choice is good. Standardization is good. Predictability is good. Serendipity is good. Thread drift is good. Crossposting not so good.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"How to force two entities to point to the same loo" - truncation of a