DBMS_SCHEDULER failed jobs

From: yorky <bryan.munday_at_parexel.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2006 07:22:16 -0700

Hi,

Possibly a daft question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.  If I submit a job via dbms_scheduler, and it fails (for whatever reason) will it autmaically resubmit or, or do I have to set the restartable attribute? (the job will only have to run once btw).

If I have to set the restartable parameter, do I have to create the job with dbms_scheduler, with a status of disabled, set the restartble attribute, and then start the job by setting it to enabled? This does seema bit daft to me, but from what I can see, I can't set the restartable attribute when I create the job (which will run as soon as it's been created).

TIA Bryan Received on Fri Jul 21 2006 - 09:22:16 CDT