Re: sqlplus not allowing spaces

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Jul 2006 08:20:05 -0700

devmcg03_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I'm on win2003 with Oracle 10.1 server
>
> It seems the SQL+ has a problem with spaces. I am trying to run a
> script that contains the Program Files directory in it's path. I am
> getting errors and I was hoping someone here might have a suggestion to
> get this to run. I've tried enclosing the path in single and double
> quotes but that's not working. Any suggestions?
>

> *not working*
> @C:\Program Files\scripts\test.sql
> @'C:\Program Files\scripts\test.sql'
> @"C:\Program Files\scripts\test.sql"
>

> SP2-0310: unable to open file "C:\Program.sql"
>

> dave

Oracle has never supported long filenames, even not when installing the software. Assuming you install Oracle in c:\oracle\product etc... the preferred location for scripts is c:\oracle\admin\scripts. Learn to live with it, and stop searching for a non-existing solution.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA