Re: Oracle Designer: Connect string

From: Jens Lenge <Spampot_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:18:36 +0200

"Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you try host:port:sid?

Yes, that was actually my first guess.
But it did not work with Designer.

I then checked the availability of the DB with Oracle SQL Developer, which could successfully connect to the DB using the same host, port, and IP.

Therefore I believed that I was just using the wrong syntax for the "connect string".

From the replies I got until now, I now believe that Designer just CANNOT connect using a single connect string that contains host, port, and IP. Instead, I need to edit the "tnsnames.ora" file before. Did I understand that right?

Jens Received on Mon Jul 17 2006 - 17:18:36 CDT