Re: Oracle Designer: Connect string

From: Jens Lenge <Spampot_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:24:13 +0200

<akkha1234_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> How do you connect to the
> database via your other tools?

With Oracle SQL Developer, I just enter the host IP, port number, and SID (and username/password, of course). It can then connect successfully.

But I guess SQL Developer does not refer to tnsnames.ora, while Designer probably does.

> Then stick the ABC or the database field as the connect string. Then
> you are good.
> If you get an error, this means your tnsnames.ora is not correct. This
> would be a different issue.

I suspect you are right and my tnsnames.ora is not properly configured. I was only using Oracle SQL Developer before I installed Designer (as part of the suite). I will check this next week when I'm back at work again.

Jens Received on Mon Jul 17 2006 - 17:24:13 CDT