Re: Getting data from one table into another

From: G Quesnel <dbaguy_ott_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2006 04:09:52 -0700

Jens Riedel wrote:
> I want to call a select statement which data has to be inserted into another table.
> Example:
> select id, max(values) from tableB group by id
> The rows from the statement shall be inserted into Table A.
> I was looking for some "Select into" syntax in the online manual but
> just found something with variables...

Look at the Insert statement, it has an option to use a select clause instead of the value clause (and the select clause can have the group clause).

You can get more info (exact syntax) at Oracle official documentation site:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_9014.htm#i2111652

HTH Received on Wed Jul 05 2006 - 06:09:52 CDT