Getting data from one table into another

From: Jens Riedel <JensRie_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 12:03:18 +0200

Hi,

I want to call a select statement which data has to be inserted into another table.

Example:

Table A:
ID, VALUE Select-Statement:

select id, max(values) from tableB group by id

The rows from the statement shall be inserted into Table A. I was looking for some "Select into" syntax in the online manual but just found something with variables...
I'm not familiar with Oracle SQL so I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Jens

--
Der Kluegere gibt nach - Eine traurige Wahrheit:
sie begruendet die Weltherrschaft der Dummen.