Newbie Question:Best development language

From: swaxolez <mvsunstar_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: 24 Jun 2006 11:02:11 -0700

I haven't seen many comparisons of late in this newsgroup between using .Net, Java or PL/SQL or a mixture of any or all of them. I am mostly a C programmer with a rudimentary knowledge of Java and VB.

I'm about to setup my first major Oracle database and need to do quite a lot of record manipulation i.e. compute time difference between records with a matching field, xml export and a user friendly customized GUI.

I'm ashamed to admit I have come from the MS-Access world but although Access has too many limitations to note it does have a pretty slick interface and programming side for manipulating data.

Look forward to hearing some opinions on this matter.

Thanks Received on Sat Jun 24 2006 - 13:02:11 CDT