oracle options for full text searching?

From: Mark Harrison <mh_at_pixar.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 19:43:53 GMT

What are my best options for doing some full text searching in an Oracle database?

As a concrete example of what I'm doing, I'm pulling out image metadata (including descriptions) from various sources such as digital camera photos, quicktime movie clips, etc., and would like to be able to efficiently search on the extracted information.

Many TIA!
Mark

--
Mark Harrison