Re: Indian Headhunters - WTF ???!!!

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2006 15:08:30 -0700

meathammer wrote:
> (this is regarding US market)
>
> Ok, just WTF is going on ??????? somebody pls tell me !
>
> Where do all of these Indian headhunters come from all of a sudden ?
>
> I started looking recently after < 3 years and like 95% of the contacts
> I been getting via Monster are from Indians and most of them I spoke
> with have that heavy accent, and many of them just plain can not talk.
>
> It's so drastically different from my past experience it seems rather
> weird.

I speculate it's what happened to all the H1-B's when they were no longer "needed," and their relatives sponsored by them. But even breathing such a thought will upset half the Indian subcontinent, so don't tell anybody. Not only can they not talk, from what I've been getting, they can't read either. Probably some are self-styled entrepreneurs trying to set up body shops just like they did in Bangalore.

I stepped in it in another forum:
http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2006/02/bit-of-rant.html Glad to see it isn't just me that has noticed it. Have you gotten any that have the fake senate anti-spam bill in the sig? See http://www.spamfaq.net/terminology.shtml#murk Un-freaking-believable.

Then again, very few headhunters of any stripe have ever been any good for me. The ones that have get my repeat business - though that never seems to work, either. I do miss the good old days when _they_ would make pretty resumes. This being treated like a soup can on a shelf bites. I don't believe I have ever gotten any work after filling out proprietary format resumes. Anyone else have?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060619/news_mz1b19pda.html