Re: Indian Headhunters - WTF ???!!!

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2006 15:31:03 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> meathammer wrote:
> > (this is regarding US market)
> >
> > Ok, just WTF is going on ??????? somebody pls tell me !
> >
> > Where do all of these Indian headhunters come from all of a sudden ?
> >
> > I started looking recently after < 3 years and like 95% of the contacts
> > I been getting via Monster are from Indians and most of them I spoke
> > with have that heavy accent, and many of them just plain can not talk.
> >
> > It's so drastically different from my past experience it seems rather
> > weird.
>
> And this relates to Oracle how?

One can assume from the group posted it relates to Oracle, finding a job, discussion.

> And why is the national, cultural, ethnic, or other background of the
> headhunter an issue?

If all of a sudden the process of finding a job becomes more difficult due to a large proportion of bogus usage of Monster by people with certain backgrounds, that is a legitimate issue. It is especially relevant if a small number of idiots make the largest proportion of responses, unfairly making all members of a group look bad, wouldn't you agree? Personally, I would like to figure out a way to educate these idiots and improve the process, and I don't mean that sarcastically. Somewhat like in a newsgroup, there is a lot of monkey-see, monkey-do among these folk, and simply ignoring such a dynamic does not extinguish it.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"You taught us how to do it."