Linux based Oracle GUI Tools?

From: Charles Tryon <chucktryon_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 17:31:34 GMT

One of the last remaining reasons why I need to keep around a Windows box is that I have not yet been able to find any good GUI based development tools (IDE) for Oracle which run under Linux. This seems curious, since so much of the SERVER side support from Oracle is focused on Linux. I currently use both Toad (FreeToad) and PLSQL Developer on Windows. I've tried running both of those under WINE, and have not had much success. OpenOffice.org gives me very simple access to data in an Oracle database, but no real development tools (editors for stored procedures and such).

I am wondering if (1) other people have been able to run either of these two Windows tools under WINE, or (2) if there are other recommendations for a decent IDE for Oracle development which runs natively under Linux.   (I am currently running Fedora Core 5.)

Thanks! Received on Sat Jun 17 2006 - 12:31:34 CDT