Oracle 9 NT Authentication "conn / as sysdba" - Role issue ?

From: Davep <davepylatuk_at_centurysystems.net>
Date: 29 May 2006 10:36:19 -0700

Hello all.

I have succeeded in getting Oracle NT authentication working but am having a related permission problem.

I create Oracle users in this format "OPS$JOHN" for example, as long as I have a domain user named 'JOHN' in the domain the server is running.... JOHN can connect to Oracle in SQL PLUS by typing:

>conn / as sysdba;

The problem is that I have database roles to enforce DB security. User JOHN is supposed to have only read only for a few tables. I have previously enforced this by having a READ_ONLY role assigned to JOHN. This has worked perfectly until now....

Now, once JOHN logs in with NT authentication as indicated above he has read/write on all tables ? How do I have an NT login adhere to the DB roles assigned to a user ?

Any help would be appreciated. Received on Mon May 29 2006 - 12:36:19 CDT