Problem with "for update"

From: <mxmarklein_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 May 2006 10:52:46 -0700

Hi,

I`m trying to upload a gif-File to a database (Oracle 10g/jdbc) ... the interMedia Classes tutorial explains how to do this, so i attended it`s orders.

My Problem : every time I want to select a row for the image

           select Front_Tex from surf_geom where id = 31388 for update

there is an Exception thrown

ORA-01002: FETCH out of sequence.

without the "for update" part this line is processed but for later image upload I have to block access, otherwise there will be an exception.

Can anybody tell me anything about the problem? and how I make the Database answer the select query

Thanks in advance

Mx Received on Mon May 29 2006 - 12:52:46 CDT