Basic Questions

From: Rhino <no.offline.contact.please_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 19:49:56 -0400

I would like to get a little bit of hands on experience with PL/SQL, Developer 6.0, and Report Writer on Oracle in the next few days.

I'm very fluent with DB2 and many of its tools and techniques and pretty functional with MySQL but have never used Oracle so I'm not sure what all the different components of Oracle are. I'd like to install a basic environment on my PC so that I can use the tools I mentioned but I don't want to get bogged down in installing/configuring a bunch of stuff that isn't relevant.

Can anyone tell me what I need to install and where I can download trial versions of the components I need?

--
Rhino