Upgrade Blues

From: raghu <raghu_vnin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 May 2006 13:36:24 -0700

Hi,

We are planning an upgrade from 8.1.7 and 9.2.0 to 10gR2. There are few databases on Windows NT and few on Solaris. And here are some of my apprehensions:

  1. Is any characterset not supported on 10gR2?
  2. What is meant by 'encrypted objects'? Is it tough to upgrade them?
  3. By upgrading to 10gR2, are we talking about moving from 32-bit to 64-bit or vice-versa? How will it impact the upgrade process?

Thanks,
Raghu Received on Thu May 04 2006 - 15:36:24 CDT