oci to sql conversion?

From: Pieter Breed <pieter.breed_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 May 2006 08:15:32 -0700

Hi,

I have a component that uses the OCI library to do spatial index queries. The component is badly written and is based on examples. To state it shortly, our company has very little experience with oracle and OCI, and the maintenance on the component is a mess. Is it possible to rewrite these queries using some flavour of SQL?

If I can do this, I can connect directly to oracle using some ODBC driver and can write my queries in a more maintainable language (like c#) with normal sql techniques.

I have oracle 8i.

Thanks,
Pieter Breed Received on Thu May 04 2006 - 10:15:32 CDT