Re: app start up with oracle

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:58:18 +0200

schw wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm writing an app that will be a simple server communicating with my
> pl/sql procedures via tcp/ip (utl_tcp package). How can I cause the app
> to start up along with the Oracle after e.g. machine reboot?
Just so you don't miss anything, you can have messages passing between the database and you via the normal oracle database interface.

The only reason to use utl_tcp is if you don't have the client software installed where your app runs.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Fri Apr 28 2006 - 02:58:18 CDT