Re: SQL Developer

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 15:19:03 +0100

In message <1144418664.014840.173760_at_u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>, amerar_at_iwc.net writes

>Hi Everyone!
>
>Has anyone ever used SQL Developer on AIX? I was able to get it
>running on AIX, however I noticed something strange. If a user is
>identified externally, you cannot log into SQL Developer.
>
>As long as the user is not identified externally, he can log in,
>otherwise he cannot log in......
>
>Oracle says that it really does not support SQL Developer on AIX, so
>they refuse to help. This is something we are testing here, so I was
>wondering if anyone had any ideas on this?
>
>Thanks!

There have been a number of threads on this in the SQLDeveloper forum on OTN. Its not an AIX specific problem.

JDBC doesn't support OS authentication therefore SQL Developer can't.

--
Jim Smith
I'm afraid you've mistaken me for someone who gives a damn.