Re: Problems installing Oracle products. PATH variable too long?

From: <ginolard_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2006 01:16:03 -0700

Perhaps I should clarify my original statement about SP2. When I said it increased the size of the path variable to 2048 I didn't mean "it fills up the path with loads of other stuff so that there are 2048 characters in it" (that would, of course, be entirely stupid and illogical). I meant that it increases the MAXIMUM ALLOWED size from 1024 to 2048 (i.e. "if you really need to, you can have 2048 characters").

Now, just because your path is shorter than mine bears no relevance to my situation at all. We have a lot of proprietary tools installed on the machines here which require PATH entries of their own. What I don't understand about the OUI is why, when SP2 is installed (thereby increased the max path size) it still craps out when trying to make the PATH longer than 1023 characters.

The problem is resolved now anyway so it's something of a moot point but I would still like to know why it happens.

OUI version is 10.1.0.4.0 Received on Fri Apr 07 2006 - 03:16:03 CDT