Re: Problems installing Oracle products. PATH variable too long?

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 08:58:49 +0100

In message <1144139936.748371.128660_at_u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>, ginolard_at_gmail.com writes
>I'm having a lot of trouble distributing Oracle Warehouse Builder to
>some machines that already have several Oracle products already
>installed. The problem is that the installer exits and, in the Silent
>Install log, there's the message that the PATH variable is longer than
>1023 characters.
>
>Now, I know that XP SP2 (which we are running) increased the size of
>the PATH variable to 2048 characters so this must be a limitation of
>the Universal Installer. Is there any way round this? The only
>solution I've found so far is to create new variables for things like
>C:\Program Files\Oracle and then use those variables in the PATH.
>
>This isn't really a good solution as we want to package and distribute
>Warehouse Builder silently.

What version of the installer?
I don't have warehouse builder installation available to test, but I can't reproduce this with the 10.2.0.1 database installer.

I set my path to 1259 chars and ran the installer. It went through OK.

There are a couple of path length related bugs on metalink but they are to do with upgrading the repository, not installing software..

--
Jim Smith
I'm afraid you've mistaken me for someone who gives a damn.