Re: Definition of 'shape'

From: Geoff <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 03:59:59 GMT

> .. seriously .. it depends. In what context are you asking this?
> Shape as in geometry. Could be a term in oracle spatial...
> Shape could be like "shape I'm in" .. the shape an object is in ..

I liked your answer, a little more info beyond, 'depends on the context'. I understand that:

In the gym, shape might refer to your physical conditioning.

In Geometry class, shape might refer to geometric figures.

In the military, shape might refer to whether your military bearing is in order.

However, this is a db group and the context is db only. So, I really do not understand a 'depends on the context' answer.

-g Received on Thu Apr 06 2006 - 22:59:59 CDT