Copy data from one oracle database to another

From: Kapil <kapilvp_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Apr 2006 22:04:37 -0700

Hello,

I have 2 oracle instance. I need to copy approx 80-90 thousand records from one oracle database to another on a daily basis. The table structure is different for both the database. But the mapping for column from a table in database1 to column in database2 is going to remain constant.
The databases are in the same network but may be on different machines. So I need to know what is the fastest and reliable way do that.

The one way I can think is about Oracle Link between database. But I have never done this before and not sure how efficient is this ?

Can anyone suggest or advise?
Thanks in Advance.

Kapil Received on Tue Apr 04 2006 - 00:04:37 CDT