Re: read only user please help someone

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:37:52 -0800

Mangood wrote:
> Hello everyone
> I'm trying to create user who'll be able to read only data in all
> schemas within database. I tried to grant select only and connect role
> to this user - but user is still able to insert data into table and
> drop data from tables. Then I granted to him only create session
> privilige but the result is the same. I'm going slightly mad - how to
> create user who won't be able to change any data ???
>
> I would be greatfull for you help

You obviously have not done what you think you have done or what you claim would be not be possible.

For starters you should NEVER grant the CONNECT role as it has absolutely nothing to do with connecting to the database. Try the following:

REVOKE connect FROM <username>;
GRANT create session TO <username>;

That is half the problem solved.

Then:

GRANT select any table TO <username>;

In the future please post version number.

HTH

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org