Re: problem with stored procedure

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 17:45:01 +0000

In message <1141333515.983936_at_jetspin.drizzle.com>, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> writes
>Jean marc Parmentier wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have a weird problem.
>> I am using an Oracle 9i DB and I wrote a stored procedure.
>> The procedure works like a charm when I use SQL+:
>> execute insert_stats('gggg',1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8);
>> My problem is when I am using it from Visual Studio using sever
>> explorer (ADO) and Oracle explorer
>> Server Explorer / run stored procedure is returning:
>> ORA-06550: line 1, column 13:
>> PLS-00302: component 'INSERT_STATS' must be declared
>> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
>> PL/SQL: Statement ignored
>
>Nothing weird about it. Oracle's behaviour has been documented for
>at least a decade. You must explicitly grant privileges on the table.
>They can not be granted through a role.

I don't see any table involved here. I don't think roles are the issue.

It looks as if the account used in the ADO environment is different from the account used in SQL*Plus.

--
Jim Smith
I'm afraid you've mistaken me for someone who gives a damn.