Re: Oracle & VB

From: News <Contact_404_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2006 00:36:18 -0800

Al Reid a écrit :

> I hope this is what you are after. If not, can you be more specific as to what you are trying to accomplish?

Yes thanks ! this is what I have been looking for. Since I don't know which cRegistry class you use I have adapted it to the one developed by Steve McMahon from:

http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/VB/Code/Libraries/Registry_and_Ini_Files/Complete_Registry_Control/cRegistry_Class.asp

this way:

oReg.ClassKey = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
oReg.SectionKey = "Software\Oracle\KEY_OraDb10g_home1"
oReg.ValueKey = "ORACLE_HOME"

strTNSNamesPath = oReg.Value & "\network\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora"

IsCharAlpha is not VB function. I think it's c/c++. It's defined in the user32.dll. To use it one must declare:

Private Declare Function IsCharAlpha Lib "user32" _

    Alias "IsCharAlphaA" (ByVal ch As Byte) As Long

Now the problem is with many local oracle homes. In my case I have 10g and 9.2 clients. Some users have 8 and others 7.x. In my case the section key of 10g is "Software\Oracle\KEY_OraDb10g_home1". How to know the key of the last client installed ? Received on Thu Mar 02 2006 - 02:36:18 CST