Re: query whether sequences exist

From: Daniel Wetzler <Daniel.Wetzler_at_sig.biz>
Date: 2 Mar 2006 00:20:05 -0800

Dear Mark & Daniel,

thank you very much for your replies.
In my special case I'm interested in finding out whether a table-column is
auto iterated or not. In MySQL databases we use the AUTO_INCREMENT attribute for that.
As far as I understood (I'm new to Oracle) the same task is done by sequences. Did I understand this right ?

In my application I get the running databases and have to compare them. So my
problem is to find out whether a sequence for is used to count up a column or not.

So if I understand your right I cannot perform that task. The problem with the solutions you discribed is that they cannot be automated within a script (what I have to do).

Are there additionally ways to perform the automatically counting up of values within a column with Oracle besides sequences ?

Best regards and many thanks,

Daniel Wetzler Received on Thu Mar 02 2006 - 02:20:05 CST