Re: Any Notification framework in Oracle???

From: amogh <amogh.r_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:57:44 +0530

Mana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to know if Oracle provides any notification framework similar
> to SQL Server Notitfication Services.
>
> i.e.- Does Oracle provide framework and API to send notifications to
> users thru channels like email, SMS etc when the event of interest of a
> user occurs.
>
> Eg. an email is sent to user when stock price goes above $90.
> or SMS is sent when temperature in uranium plant goes below desirable
> temperature etc.
>
> I have never worked with Oracle. Any pointers would be appreciated.
>
> Mana

Oracle provides Database Change Notification(10gR2 onwards). It allows users to register database queries, and to receive notifications in response to DML or DDL changes on the objects associated with the queries.

You can read the documentation here:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14251/adfns_dcn.htm#ADFNS018

The other obvious way is to write triggers on objects of interest and handle the business logic appropriately when these objects are affected.

Rgds.
Amogh Received on Wed Feb 22 2006 - 06:27:44 CST