Re: ora imp

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:03:47 +0100

Stronfogg wrote:
> Jim Kennedy wrote:

>> "MD" <md_at_md.com> wrote in message news:virJf.94163$4l5.71944_at_dukeread05...
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm running the imp on an existing schema on 9i and I get unique
>> constraint
>>> errors. What I want is to overwrite all data and not merge the data. Is
>> this
>>> a flag in the imp function or is this something in the exp function.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> MarkD
>>>

>> You can truncate the current table and import into that.  (replace the data
>> which exp/imp is designed for.)
>> You could rename the current table and import and then insert the
>> non-matching rows back in.
>> Jim

> If using imp, use the parameter:
>
> ignore=Y
>
> this should ignore any errors (eg constraint violations) and continue
> processing the records.

Phil, that will not help in what the OP wants, namely *overwrite* the existing data.

There is one option that does that, but it does a hell of a lot more, too, so be careful!
Look into the destroy option. As the name indicates, it destroys things!

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...